itek Energy is an active participant in Sustainable Connection’s Toward Zero Waste program, resulting in more than a 60% reduction in our waste stream!
itek’s solar panels are designed and built around tested methods.
- The individual 200 micron thick, silicon solar cells are separated from their stack and connected together in strings of 10 cells using our automated tab and stringing machines.
- Each string of 10 cells is inspected for quality and functionality.
- The ultra-clear, prismatic solar glass is prepared with the first layer of EVA encapsulant.
- 6 strings of 10 cells are laid-up on top of the glass and EVA.
- All the strings are soldered together using custom buss bars.
- A second layer of EVA is applied, followed by the back sheet.
- The entire layup, from bottom to top (glass, EVA, solar cells, EVA, and back sheet) are loaded into our laminator.
- Under specific time and pressure the EVA encapsulates all the cells, bonding the entire module together.
- Laminates are then encased with aluminum frames.
- Modules undergo final quality control tests and power output data is collected for each panel.
Time-lapse of a multi-day installation of itek’s two laminators: