itek Energy is a 18,600 square foot, 20 megawatt solar panel manufacturing facility. In an industry dominated by large, capital intensive factories, itek’s nimble foot print allows for changes in production to meet local market needs.
itek’s solar panels are designed and built around tested methods.
- The individual 200 micron thick, silicon solar cells are separated from their stack and connected together in strings of 10 cells using our automated tab and stringing machines.
- Each string of 10 cells is inspected for quality and functionality.
- The ultra-clear, prismatic solar glass is prepared with the first layer of EVA encapsulant.
- 6 strings of 10 cells are laid-up on top of the glass and EVA.
- All the strings are soldered together using custom buss bars.
- A second layer of EVA is applied, followed by the back sheet.
- The entire layup, from bottom to top (glass, EVA, solar cells, EVA, and back sheet) are loaded into our laminator.
- Under specific time and pressure the EVA encapsulates all the cells, bonding the entire module together.
- Laminates are then encased with aluminum frames.
- Modules undergo final quality control tests and power output data is collected for each panel.
Time-lapse of a multi-day installation of itek’s two new laminators: