If you are a traveler who likes camping or live off-grid, a Jackery power station is one of the most important equipment to charge your devices. However, due to being an electronic device, you may counter issues like Jackery not charging.
It mostly happens if the instruction from the manual of the Jackery power station isn’t followed properly.
If you are facing the same, then you are just in the right place. Because in this article, we’ll explore the most possible reasons for this issue and find an effective solution to fix it for you. Let’s get started below!
Why Is the Power Station Jackery Not Charging?
There can be several reasons why your Jackery power station is not charging. Here are the possible reasons for this problem:
- If the output voltage of the solar panel isn’t accurate.
- If the connection plug is incorrect.
- If the AC charger isn’t used that came with the product.
- If you haven’t charged the Jackery for a certain time.
Now, let’s see what we need to do to fix this problem.
How to Fix the Power Station Jackery Not Charging Issue
If your Jackery power station isn’t charging, then the first thing you need to do is check whether you’re following the right process to charge it.
Here are the solutions that you can try to fix the charging issue with the Jackery Charger:
Solution 1: Charge the Jackery in the Correct Way
There are three methods to charge Jackery –
- Charging by solar panels.
- Charging on the wall outlet with the provided AC charger.
- Charging by car charging cable on the car outlet.
While charging, you need to ensure that the output voltage is correctly set for your Jackery. If you’re charging the device using the provided AC charger, or your car outlet, then there will be no issue.
However, if you’re using the solar panel, then you need to adjust the output voltage –
- For the E1000 and lower models, the output voltage of solar panels must be between 12V to 30V.
- For the E1500 and higher models, the output voltage of solar panels must be between 12V to 51V.
Again, you need to use the accurate connection plug for the different models of Jackery –
- For the E1000 and lower models, you need to use a 7.9mm, 5.5mm, or 0.9mm connection plug depending on the model.
- For the E1500 and higher models, you need to use an 8.0mm, 5.5mm, or 2.0mm connection plug depending on the model.
Check the user manual of your device to determine which connection plug you’ll need and what output voltage it requires.
Solution 2: Charge the Jackery for a Certain Period
The charging time of the Jackery power station may vary according to the charging device. It will be charged quickly if you use the AC charger provided in the box while it may take longer with a solar panel. Here is how long it will take to charge the Jackery –
|Wall charger||6.5 hours|
|Electric generator||6.5 hours|
|Car charger||7.5 hours|
|100w solar panels||9 hours|
Solution 3: Recheck the Solar Panel
If you’re trying to charge your Jackery using the solar panel, then –
- Make sure you have connected the DC output to the input port on the Jackery.
- Make sure there is no shadow cast on the panel.
- Clean the dust on the surface of the panel using a soft cloth.
- Try to charge the Jackery under strong sunlight at midday.
Solution 4: Reset the Jackery
If none of the solutions can fix the charging issue, you can try resetting the jackery. To reset the battery, simply press and hold the display button of the Jackery for 10 seconds.
If the Jackery is still not charging, then your power station may have some issues. In that case, you need to contact the provider or manufacturer for further assistance.
You can mail at [email protected] and provide them with your order information. It will be best if you can take a legible picture of the front panel of your power station with the power button and screen display and send it as an attachment.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers (FAQs)
How Do I Know If My Jackery Is Charging?
If your Jackery is charging, the battery indicator light will blink. If you can’t see any blinking, that means your Jackery isn’t charging.
Can I overcharge my Jackery?
No, you can’t overcharge your Jackery. It’s because Jackery power stations are equipped with a Battery Management System that prevents the battery from overcharging.
A Jackery power station not charging can be a frustrating issue, but you can easily solve this issue by following the provided solution in this guide. We hope you have found this guide helpful in finding the reasons for this issue and fixing it. For further assistance regarding this issue, don’t hesitate to ask in the comment section below. Thanks for reading!